Happy New Year everyone! I'm excited to get started on my monthly plan for my family. I'm sure that 2010 will be an awesome year because of my attempt at being intentional and present.
Much of my inspiration comes from a website called Simple Mom. If you don't know about this fabulous resource then I recommend you spend some time there this weekend. I'm planning to participate in the Simple Living Book Club that's starting on January 25th. The first book is The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families and I think that will be really helpful with my plan. Here is the link to the book club. Here are a couple other links to get you started this month. 10 Questions to encourage engaged parenting and 20 questions for New Year's Eve Reflection.
Have a great day!
Family Time....quality time together.
- Game Night...Chutes and Ladders January 16th ~ Done!
- Family Outing....Bowling at Fat Cat's January 2nd~ Done!
- Play in the snow ~done
- Play date with friends
- Visit the library ~ Done!
- Order and use DVD Letter Factory ~ Done!
- Sundance Film Festival (maybe)
- Read Believe It, Be It by Ali Vincent~ Done!
- Read Going Rogue by Sarah Palin ~ Done!
- Time for crafting...make a felt pillow (still in progress)
- 2010 Simple Living Book Club
- Friday Night Movie/TV night (No World of Warcraft allowed)
- Date Night....January 29th.
Home Time....it's where the heart is.
- Finish Bedroom Redo
- Organize and clean Kitchen
EDITED: I completely forgot the last part of my monthly plan. GRATITUDE. This month, I'm so very grateful for my husband's job. As happens every year, he has already started complaining about the *bills* and money that was spent; even though we cut back. I am so thankful that we are employed and were able to celebrate Christmas with gifts and good food. Calvin's work project is still uncertain and I'm still worried about the future but I've decided to just be grateful for what we have now and plan for the future. One way I'll be doing this is by accepting Erin's Challenge of spending less than $100 on groceries each week. Run over to The Many Days of the DiCarolis Family and check it out. OH! And she's giving away a book!